What about making a monkey cardboard plate mask? You'll need the following:
- plastic plate
- non-toxic paint
1) Paint the plate the colour you want your animal to be. It could be brown.
2) Use a marker to draw some hair all over the plate to make it look even more real.
3) Cut out the ears and different parts of the face and colour them as you wish.
4) Glue the mouth, ears and eyes to the plastic plate.
5) Instead of drawing eyes, you can cut out them so that the child can peer through the holes.
6) Use a rope or ribbon attached to either side to hold the child's head.
And... start jumping like a monkey!!!